back to news
CSRO 2020 Fellows Conference Round-Up
Posted: March 17, 2020
On March 7th, 2020, the Coalition of State Rheumatology Organizations (CSRO) held its annual Fellows Conference in San Francisco, CA. Attending fellows were introduced to a network of experienced physicians that they can tap into as they prepare for their futures. The conference also offered the fellows valuable perspectives and insight on how to navigate the next phase of their professional careers.
The presentations from this year’s CSRO Fellows Conference include:
- A lecture on the today’s state of rheumatology from Dr. Nehad Soloman
- A panel of speakers, including, CSRO President, Dr. Madelaine Feldman, Dr. Kristie Mizelle, and Dr. Jerry Pounds discussed work-life balance and the importance of prioritizing your time as a rheumatologist. Dr. Ekaterini Zapantis, founding member of the Rheumatology Center of Western New York served as the panel moderator.
- An introduction to personal financial management for young professionals presented by Dr. Joshua Stolow
- A lecture on the most pressing coding issues concerning fellows today by Jean Acevedo
- A talk given by James Haliczer, Esq. discussing the anatomy and navigation of a potential malpractice lawsuit
- A presentation by Dr. Gary Feldman on the essentials of transitioning from life as a fellow to a career in private practice
- A lecture on expert practice management from Ethel Owen of the National Organization of Rheumatology Managers
- A session on physician employment and contracts was offered by Steve McCoy, Esq. from the Patient First Corporation.
- A breakdown on the state of the health insurance industry from CSRO Director and former CSRO President, Dr. Michael Schweitz
- A presentation on the specifics that patients want new rheumatologists to know by Seth Ginsberg of the Global Healthy Living Foundation
Following another year of success and outstanding fellow attendance, CSRO is already looking ahead to 2021’s Fellows Conference. CSRO wishes to thank all of the fellows who attended as well as all the speakers who took time out of their busy schedules to share their wisdom and knowledge. For those who were not able to attend the conference, a video recording of the entire program will be uploaded to the CSRO website in the near future, as will the details regarding the 2021 Fellows Conference. CSRO looks forward to seeing and educating many more passionate and dedicated fellows once again next year.