Annually, CSRO hosts our Fellows Conference to provide rheumatology fellows with a unique professional development opportunity that provides insight on practical, real-world issues not taught in academic training, sharing skills to help them successfully transition into their future roles as practicing rheumatologists, academic researchers, or industry partners.
Fellows Conference [Revisited]
Saturday, October 23
Virtual (no cost to attend)
9am CT: Program Screening
2pm CT: Live Moderated Q&A
New in 2021, CSRO is offering a screening of our virtual Fellows Conference held earlier this year.
Watch a recording of our program that provides unique insights into issues and skills not taught in academic training, then join us live at 2:00pm CT for an interactive virtual Q&A with the session presenters.
Session Topics & Speakers:
- So You Want to Go Into Private Practice
- Presenter: Herbert S. Baraf, MD, FACP, MACR (bio)
- Physician Employment & Contracts
- Presenter: Steve McCoy, Esq (bio)
- Early Career Financial Management
- Insurance & Payers 101
- Presenter: Michael C. Schweitz, MD (bio)
- Medical Malpractice & Risk Management
- Presenter: James S. Haliczer, Esq. (bio)
- Important Updates in Coding
- Presenter: Jean Acevedo, LHRM, CPC, CHC, CENTC (bio)
Whether you plan to sign on for the full day, or just participate in the live Q&A and watch the session recordings on your own time, we hope you'll join us on October 23!
Save the Date
2022 Fellows Conference
March 19, 2022
San Francisco, California
Mark your calendars to join us in 2022 for a program that features field experts presenting on topics including: medical malpractice and risk management, physician employment and contracts, negotiating the insurance landscape, and early career financial management.
Exclusive to Rheumatology Fellows: CSRO offers a stipend to cover travel, hotel, and meals for this event. Stay tuned for more details.